Here we describe the control panel for DedicatedHosting service .
Your control panel allows you to manage your domain through a web interface.
You have the ability to manage all aspects of files, e-mail, FTP, web site statistics and CGI scripts
In norder to access your Webmin you shall click on this link: https://nomedominio:10000
and login with credentials gven you by Yepa.
Once logged in you'll see Webmin with:
- Spam-Assasin (if it was bought as part of your service)
Here we see:
- Domain name: List of active domains on this Server
- Username: Username of mail user (usually the same user who can login thrugh FTP)
- Description: description of variuos domains (discrectionary)
- User: number of email boxes active on each domain with ability to list and modify.
- Alias: main aliases active on each domain with ability to list and modify.
- Total quota: max disk space assigned to the entire domain( the sum od disk space used by web pages, emials, stas and attached files)
- Total used: disk space actually used by the entire domain( the sum od disk space used by web pages, emials, stas and attached files)
By clicking on a domain we will see:
Virtual server details
- Domain name
- Administration username: domain's main username
- Administration group: main user's group
- Created on: when webmin was activated for the server
- Home directory: User's home direcory on the server
Quotas and limits
- Mailbox name prefix: Mail activated as Webmin was installed
- Server configuration template
- IP address: Server's and domain's IP address
- Description description of the domain (discrectionary)
- Home directory: home of the domain on the server.
- Contact email: default e-mail for the domain used by Yapa to give out information. You can chose between main user (if he is also a mail user and ont oly an FTP user) and othe emails to be specified di default del dominio.
- Administration password: password by main user (ftp user) of the domain
Save Virtual Server
- Total server quota: max disk space assigned to the entire domain( the sum od disk space used by web pages, emials, stas and attached files)
- Home disk space used: disk space used up by main user (FTP space or FTP and email, if user enjoys both services)
: Saves settings
Edit Mail User
: Creates, sets, modifies, list of e-mails and FTPs on domain
Edit Mail Aliases
: Creates, sets, modifies, list of mail Aliases on domain
When we click on Edit Mail Users we can see the list of mail/ftp users
When we click on Add a user to this server
we can add a new mail and ftp user
Virtual domain user mailbox details
Quota and home directory settings
- Email address: User Name
- Real Name: Optional mail box description
- Password: Field used to modify password
- Home directory quota: Disk space given to this user
- Home directory: YOu can chose on which directory the user can work if you are activating an ftp account
Mail forwarding settings
- FTP login enabled?: Does the user you are creating have an ftp Account? All his files will be loaded into /homes/user NOT on the site's home
- Primary email address enabled?: Are you creating a usere allowed to receive mail?
- Additional email addresses: YOu can add a mail alias to the email address you nare creating
- Forward to other addresses: address to which you want to authomatically forward all mails sent to this user
- Send automatic reply: You can activate automatic reply and insert the text of the automatic replay text.
- Automatic reply options: here you can customize the reply time and the timespan in which automatic replies will be sent out.
- Home and mail quota: Disk space available for user (sia ftp and mail if youser is entitled to both)
- Additional email addresses: Here we insert real mail address and all possible aliases
- Email forwarding destinations: Here you can insert rules for authomatic forwarding (Autoresponder)
: Here you decide wther user can only use mail or ftp also.
: Finally you activate your mail / ftp user
Edit Mail Aliases - Panel for mail aliases
By clicking on Spam Assassin
and then on Allowed and Denied Addresses
we have first 3 fieds to manage White List
of the entire Server and second 3 fields to manage Black List
for the entire Server
Campi per la White List
- From: addresses to never classify as spam here we can insert all mail addresses that mustn't be filtered by antispam. Example given: info@yourdomain . If we insert just a domain name after an asterisk and after @ ( this way : *@yourdomain) all emails coming from that domain will not be be caught by Spam Assassin.
- Exceptions for From: addresses to never classify as spam here we can insert e-mails that we don't want to receive, even though they come from a domain which we have put in white list White List ( exaple *@goofy.com) but we don't want to receive (example firstname.lastname@example.org)
* From: addresses to never classify as spam, depending on Received: domain
Here we can insert those e-mails that shall not be caught by Spam Assassin just for a specific domain
Fields for Black List
- From: addresses to always classify as spam Here we can insert e-mails that shall always be blocked by Spam Assassin, for instance email@example.com. If we insert just a domain name after an asterisk and after @ ( this way : *@yourdomain) all emails coming from that domain will be be caught and blocked by Spam Assassin.
- Exceptions for From: addresses to always classify as spam here we can insert e-mails that we do want to receive, even though they come from a domain which we have put in black list ( exaple *@viagra.com)
- To: or Cc: addresses to allow some or all spam to Here we can insert exceptions and specify that all emails with a certain CC ot To won't be blocked EG firstname.lastname@example.org